Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 09:15:12 am

Author Topic: My 2014 question thread.  (Read 2529 times)  Share 

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: -32
My 2014 question thread.
« on: January 12, 2014, 03:05:53 pm »
If i asked a question about why should organisations evaluate their performance?  Would a response like this be full marks?  Evaluating the organisations performance can determine whether or not the set objectives were achieved, if they were achieved this means the performance is performing adequately, however if the objectives were not reached the organisation can use  key performance indicators to investigate the flaws in the organisations performance, e.g. (number of sales, which is a KPI) is a measure of the number of products sold.  Measuring the number of sales can help determine the organisations performance especially marketing strategies, so therefore the organisation can set a specific objective regarding their marketing strategies to help improve their performance.

Thoughts?
'My belief is stronger than your doubt'

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
Re: My 2014 question thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 07:10:55 pm »
What does social and ethical responsibility actually mean and why are they important?

Jason12

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +15
  • School: WCC
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 01:45:08 am »
+1
What does social and ethical responsibility actually mean and why are they important?

Ethics is like knowing the difference between right and wrong. a more official definition is the moral principles that an organisation must establish and follow. This could include things like not exploiting workers
Social responsibility is when organisations contribute to the welfare of the community like minimising pollution and waste.

Why it's important
  • to have a better public image and reputation. Unethical practices can result in boycotts and lost sales as well as legal issues.
  • being socially responsible can cut costs. E.g. minimisng wastes cuts costs from the disposal of the wasted resources while also helping the environment
2014 ATAR - 88

2015 sem 1 - Bachelor of Business (Accounting/Banking & Finance) - Monash

2015 sem 2 - Present: Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance), Diploma of Languages (Chinese) - Monash

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 10:36:45 am »
Ethics is like knowing the difference between right and wrong. a more official definition is the moral principles that an organisation must establish and follow. This could include things like not exploiting workers
Social responsibility is when organisations contribute to the welfare of the community like minimising pollution and waste.

Why it's important
  • to have a better public image and reputation. Unethical practices can result in boycotts and lost sales as well as legal issues.
  • being socially responsible can cut costs. E.g. minimisng wastes cuts costs from the disposal of the wasted resources while also helping the environment

Alright thanks!  Also for the internal and external environment, could 'trading hours' be an internal environment?  Because they have control over that.

EspoirTron

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +82
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 03:48:30 pm »
Alright thanks!  Also for the internal and external environment, could 'trading hours' be an internal environment?  Because they have control over that.

Trading hours wouldn't really be a factor from the internal environment. The internal environment is constituted by factors such as: Employees, organisational structure, Policies and Procedures and corporate culture.
You could argue that trading hours lies under the Policies and Procedures umbrella, but it isn't something that I would resort to in a question.
2012-2013: VCE
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine at Monash University

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 03:51:55 pm »
Trading hours wouldn't really be a factor from the internal environment. The internal environment is constituted by factors such as: Employees, organisational structure, Policies and Procedures and corporate culture.
You could argue that trading hours lies under the Policies and Procedures umbrella, but it isn't something that I would resort to in a question.

Than what examples are there and what is the internal environment?  My books seems to only cover the internal environment i.e operating and macro.

EspoirTron

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 03:56:43 pm »
+1
There are three environments to a business: Internal, Operating and Macro.
From the internal environment, you may use these following factors:
- Management
- Employees
- Organisational structure
- Policies and Procedures
- Corporate culture

The internal environment just refers to factors within the control of the organisation - hence, the name 'internal'. All the aforementioned factors can be controlled by an organisation.

pp_16

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 06:05:47 pm »
For the internal environment an organisation could implement a dress code that represents their corporate culture. For instance, a bank may have a formal dress code. Another example could be an organisation changing it's organisational structure to become flatter and more productive. You'll go over this more later in the year when you do change management.
BM - 41
Legal - 41

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 11:06:55 pm »
Hi guys, could anyone give tips on revising through out the year, do you recommend staying with schools pace?

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 04:09:39 pm »
Using school notes?  My teacher seems to be elaborating from 'key concepts' and some one of the info isn't under the study design or there different names for e.g for management structures we've taught different ones.  Any suggestions on what i should do?  I'd assume everything she teachers and gives us notes on etc would be relevant to sac.

Thanks

EspoirTron

• Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 04:40:04 pm »
Using school notes?  My teacher seems to be elaborating from 'key concepts' and some one of the info isn't under the study design or there different names for e.g for management structures we've taught different ones.  Any suggestions on what i should do?  I'd assume everything she teachers and gives us notes on etc would be relevant to sac.

Thanks

You can purchase A+ Notes for Business Management, or you can download Shinny's notes from the resources component of the website.

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 05:21:40 pm »
You can purchase A+ Notes for Business Management, or you can download Shinny's notes from the resources component of the website.

I know that I'm saying should i use my school notes?

EspoirTron

• Forum Leader
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 05:28:47 pm »
+3
I know that I'm saying should i use my school notes?

Yes. I would suggest using your school notes in conjunction with other ones.