Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 02:14:58 pm

Author Topic: Middle band (for engineering)  (Read 1957 times)  Share 

Nato

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Middle band (for engineering)
« on: December 30, 2013, 12:25:27 am »
i just wanted to know what this whole 'middle band' thing is about.
next year i plan on doing methods, physics, english, spesh and MUEP maths (if i get accepted). i did chem1/2 this year though.
reading through some of the threads, i have realised that this decison of dropping chem for uni maths, may affect me in wanting to engineering at monash. Could some please provide me with more information?

thanks.
Class of 2014.

MagicGecko

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • W3$T $IDe I$ B3$T $!D3
  • Respect: +43
Re: Middle band (for engineering)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:00:21 am »
Can't help you in terms of dropping chem for uni maths (mainly because I didn't do MUEP maths), but I can gelp with the whole middle-band thing: :)

I have answered a similar question somewhere on this forum, but im happy to explain again.

Course selection officers identify those applicants whose year 12 results are such that they will receive an offer. These applicants are ''clearly in''.  Selection officers then identify applicants whose results are too low for that course and eliminate them from selection into that course. These applicants are ''clearly out''.

The remaining applicants are in the middle-band and are given further consideration (re-ranked) according to the published middle-band criteria (e.g doing chemistry will increase your aggregate by 1) and other entry scheme criteria for each course.

2013-2016:
Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical)(Honours) @ RMIT

~Full-Time Biomedical Engineer~

"im not crying there’s just overpriced college education in my eye" ~ abigalmills-tumblr

Professor Polonsky

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +118
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Middle band (for engineering)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 05:37:58 am »
Use CourseSearch to find out the middle band requirements for courses you're looking at.