Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 09:30:14 am

Author Topic: dispute resolution under a centralised and decentralised employee relations  (Read 3123 times)  Share 

soNasty

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +11
  • School Grad Year: 2014
hey guys
i'm at a bit of a stagnant with this question regarding 'comparing the methods for resolving conflict under a centralised system of employee relations with those under a decentralised employee relations system.' Its worth 6 marks.
Im pretty sure its referencing the whole mediation, grievance procedures, arbitration etc etc but i'm not sure how to structure this question effectively. Thank you :D

Jason12

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +15
  • School: WCC
+1
I believe this question appeared on a compak practice exam I did at school. I think centralised system involves the use of negotiation and arbitration (independent body that listens to both sides then makes a decision) to fix disputes and problems after they had already occurred while decentralised focuses on management and employees working together to resolve problems which encourages the use of a participative management style and improves corporate culture leading to less disputes between employees and management.

Centralised system also does not allow employees and management too negotiate wages as they were set by an external body (AIRC) which means less understanding and more conflicts.
2014 ATAR - 88

2015 sem 1 - Bachelor of Business (Accounting/Banking & Finance) - Monash

2015 sem 2 - Present: Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance), Diploma of Languages (Chinese) - Monash

Damoz.G

Only an idiot would leave this sort of question to the last minute, exams are around the corner, lol notsureiftroll?

usrs?

There is still more than 2 weeks until the BM exam, so its not a last minute question. Additionally, its actually a hard question that requires a lot of thinking when writing a response.

Do you even do this subject? ???

I believe this question appeared on a compak practice exam I did at school. I think centralised system involves the use of negotiation and arbitration (independent body that listens to both sides then makes a decision) to fix disputes and problems after they had already occurred while decentralised focuses on management and employees working together to resolve problems which encourages the use of a participative management style and improves corporate culture leading to less disputes between employees and management.

Centralised system also does not allow employees and management too negotiate wages as they were set by an external body (AIRC) which means less understanding and more conflicts.

Well explained, Jason.

Also to add to your great explanation, AIRC have a legal binding effect on organisations. Organisations must respond and follow to their decisions and changes to laws, etc. Trade Unions have less power though, but are able to negotiate over disputes. But with less power, it may mean that negotiating may not work and lead to a resolution.

soNasty

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +11
Thank you guys! really appreciate it :D

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
+1
Slapped a perma on the silly-billy that's quoted above.

As per Re: 2013 exam discussion and no-tolerance policy there will be a zero tolerance on any trolling or any sort of discouraging comments.

ninwa edit: you linked to the wrong post ya noob
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 05:19:07 pm by ninwa »
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Damoz.G

Slapped a perma on the silly-billy that's quoted above.

As per Re: 2013 exam discussion and no-tolerance policy there will be a zero tolerance on any trolling or any sort of discouraging comments.

Thanks Brenden! :)