Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 16, 2024, 01:08:32 am

Author Topic: Serious Taboo issue on AN  (Read 11027 times)  Share 

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Serious Taboo issue on AN
« on: October 07, 2012, 01:12:20 am »
THIS IS SERIOUS TABOO TOPIC THAT HAS PLAGUED AN FOR YEARS AND HAS NEVER BEEN DISCUSSED:

Based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper_orientation

Are you an "over orientation" or an "under orientation" person?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:15:36 am by ρнуѕικѕ ♥ »

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
Re: Re: Discussion of a TABOO topic.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 01:13:13 am »
Over all the way

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
Re: Re: Discussion of a TABOO topic.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:13:31 am »
I think 4chan had a massive war over this.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
Re: Serious Taboo issue on AN
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 01:15:58 am »
Split the thread, this is an important issue and I want everyone's voices to be heard

Personally I'm an "Over orientation" person

Hutchoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Mate.
  • Respect: +218
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 01:17:05 am »
Over all the way
You sick, sick man.
Who wipes? :/

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 01:18:34 am »
I also want a debate on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper_orientation#Similar_controversies ,  Donald Knuth makes an interesting proposition, thoughts?

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 01:22:07 am »

nerdgasm

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +73
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 01:32:05 am »
I'm definitely an 'over' person, because to me, the 'under' orientation needlessly moves the toilet paper closer to the wall, reduces the ease of accessibility of the hanging paper greatly, and makes tearing a slightly more 'blind' process.

Hutchoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Mate.
  • Respect: +218
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 01:37:13 am »
I also want a debate on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper_orientation#Similar_controversies ,  Donald Knuth makes an interesting proposition, thoughts?
Although Donald Knuth makes an interesting point. We must understand that this delves into Mr.Slut's theorm. By recognising the hyperbolic nature of light, we can understand the quintessence of mankind. First, recognise that the complex conjugate of the toilet roll, r, is degrees Southern North of the northern parameter, n.
This can all be found in the HutchooXu theorem of wonders - page 69, subsection 99.95.
So here are my thoughts:
  • Why doesn't Mr.Knuth consider those who do not have any toilet paper?
  • What happens when n, the number of sheets of toilet paper = 0? Does he THEN consider those who do not use toilet paper?

Overall, low blow, pi.

Moderator action: removed real name, sorry for the inconvenience
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:43:33 pm by pi »

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 01:45:31 am »
Yeah, I also think it's a low blow, personally I find his use of "r" in the theorem a bit offensive too, although, he did clarify his stance somewhat here http://gi.cebitec.uni-bielefeld.de/teaching/2007summer/jclub/papers/toiletPaper.pdf

Allow me to expand my point of view:

An essay on Toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation

Man's greatest achievement? Perhaps not, but can you afford not to read on when I am about to tell you about how toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation? At first glance, the proposition that toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation may seem unenchanting, however its study is a necessity for any one wishing to intellectually advance beyond their childhood. Until recently considered taboo amongst polite society (including ATARNotes), there are just not enough blues songs written about the proposition that toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation. The juxtapositioning of "toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation" with fundamental economic, social and political strategic conflict draws criticism from so called 'un-believers', obviously. In the light of this I will break down the issues in order to give each of them the thought that they fully deserve

Social Factors

As reflected in classical mythology, society is complicated. When J H Darcy said 'fevour will spread' [1] she borrowed much from the ideology that toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation. Much has been said about the influence of the media on such a proposition. Observers claim it clearly plays a significant role amongst the developing middle classes.

Of paramount importance to any study of toilet roll orientation within its context, is understanding the ideals of society. Society says that every man must find their own truth. While one sees toilet rolls being used in the over orientation, another less evolved person may see monkeys playing tennis.

Economic Factors

Increasingly economic growth and innovation are being attributed to toilet rolls being used in the over orientation. We will study the Lead-a-Duck-to-Water model, a lovely model.
Market Value Of Gold

Toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation

The statistics make it clear that toilet rolls being used in the over orientation is a major market factor. Obviously the market value of gold, ultimately decided by politicians, will always be heavily influenced by the use of the over orientation due to its consistently high profile in the portfolio of investors. In the light of this free trade must be examined.

Political Factors

Politics, we all agree, is a fact of life. Comparing toilet rolls being used in the over orientation and much of what has been written of it can be like comparing nothing.

We cannot talk of "Toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation" and politics without remembering the words of style icon Kuuipo Lionel Forbes Dickinson 'I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in democracy.' [2] What a fantastic quote. If our political system can be seen as a cake, then the case that toilet rolls being used in the over orientation makes a good case for being the icing.

One of the great ironies of this age is that some don't think toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Conclusion

In my opinion toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation, and has, and will continue to be a major building block for the world in which we live. It inspires, puts out 'fires', and it brings the best out in people.

I will leave the last word to the famous Demi Malkovitch: 'I demand Toilet rolls should be used in the over orientation, nothing more nothing less.' [3]

[1] J H Darcy - The Spaniard - 1988 - PPT

[2] Dickinson - I Am The Dickinster - 1999 Hughs Books

[3] Sham Magazine - Issue 124 - Monkey Books

Also, on another note, what's the opinion on https://www.msu.edu/~choijay/etiquette.pdf
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:02:12 am by ρнуѕικѕ ♥ »

FlorianK

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 01:58:47 am »

Truck

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +122
  • School: who needs school when you got SWAG?
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 03:01:25 am »
This is even a debate? What sane person could ever prefer the under orientation - "over" is the obvious and only rational choice.
#yolo #thuglife #swaggotandproud

Inspirations: Mahtama Ghandi, T-Pain, The Caped Crusader and Ayn Rand.

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 03:04:35 am »
Copied much?
http://www.pharisaios.info/spit/spit_enews1.htm

No, I utilise the well researched and highly respected "Lead-a-Duck-to-Water model", not the lesser "Maiden-Tuesday-Lending model".

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 04:18:11 pm »
Clearly you guys arent South-East Asian enough. All you need is a bucket of water and a left hand. Unless you eat with your left hand in which case it'll be your right. Try it one time.
2010: History Revolutions 35
2011: English 3/4, Accounting 3/4, Economics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, International Studies 3/4.

This C**t, under the name of anonymous, started giving me shit and I called him a C**t and now look. I'm f****n banned.

thushan

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 04:31:59 pm »
GOLD Kazdawg. Note - Russell Peters.

Managing Director  and Senior Content Developer - Decode Publishing (2020+)
http://www.decodeguides.com.au

Basic Physician Trainee - Monash Health (2019-)
Medical Intern - Alfred Hospital (2018)
MBBS (Hons.) - Monash Uni
BMedSci (Hons.) - Monash Uni

Former ATARNotes Lecturer for Chemistry, Biology