Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 18, 2024, 03:06:53 pm

Author Topic: TSSM OR TSFX?  (Read 3718 times)  Share 

e.maleken

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2012
TSSM OR TSFX?
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:43:32 pm »
Which company is better for methods/english tutoring?
Cant decideeeeeee.

Eddiee

Re: TSSM OR TSFX?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:52:52 pm »
I would say tsfx because they have many years of experience, plus the feedback I have heard is generally positive

KevinooBz

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:55:03 pm »
Which company is better for methods/english tutoring?
Cant decideeeeeee.
I only did one semester methods for Year 11 and I would say TSFX is alright. Depends on what level you're at because they tend to rush the course, especially for methods since they have so much to cover in a small amount of time. If you struggle it's not good and if you're really smart it's not good. For the same price you could find a better one on one tutor. The notes are alright and the teachers know their stuff. Just my opinion so don't take my word for it.

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 06:03:01 pm »
+2
English is crap for both. Don't go to a large company for Enlgish, find a private tutor if you need one.

(and this topic needs to be moved too...)

Rakkael

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Elwood College
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 07:38:31 pm »
I've done first semester and just started second semester year 12 methods at TSFX. The teachers certainly know their stuff, though as KevinooBz said, they do tend to rush through the course a bit. I also reckon it's bit of a gamble when it comes to which tutor you have (I didn't enjoy my first semester tutor - may be because it was a Sunday morning though). It's great for reinforcing the subject, though if you're a high scoring student already, I reckon a private tutor would be far more beneficial.
Le Aims: Revolutions (40+), Global Politics (40+), English (38+), Methods (38+), Phys Ed (35+), Further (...)

Limista

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +63
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 09:53:37 pm »
+1
I've only attended a psychology lecture for the mid year exams hosted by TSFX, and I didn't like it one bit. People were eating, drinking and making weird noises up the back and I got the feeling that people were there only for the sake of it (due to parents, can't be stuffed revising by one self etc.).
However, I'm talking about a lecture here - we can't really generalize tutoring to that, can we?
Logically, if you attended a group tuition, it's a bit like attending classes at school, right ~ so what's the point then? At most, they teach you stuff at the tutoring place ahead of time, but it's still up to you to study it, so they're not really helping you any more than your teacher at school. Therefore, whether you go to TSSM or TSFX, the difference would be marginal anyway.
So, I think private tutoring is the better option, because the tutor gets to really know who you are - your weaknesses and things. The downside is that private tutors, from what I hear, cost a bomb!
Bachelor of Biomedicine @ The University of Melbourne (II) 2014-2016
Follow me on my blog

Ravit

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Shah Rukh is my son.
  • Respect: +8
  • School: Werribee Secondary College
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 09:58:28 pm »
+2
NEITHER, come to the new Atar notes company! :p
2012: Psych [44]
2013: Science at UOM
2016: Hopefully MD

Bhootnike

• Chief Curry Officer
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Biggest Sharabi
  • Respect: +75
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 10:03:54 pm »
^
touche.
2011: Biol - 42
2012: Spesh |Methods |Chemistry |English Language| Physics
2014: Physiotherapy
khuda ne jab tujhe banaya hoga, ek suroor uske dil mein aaya hoga, socha hoga kya doonga tohfe mein tujhe.... tab ja ke usne mujhe banaya hoga

jenerator

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 10:19:27 pm »
this is offtopic, but did anyone realise that all the "notes" are gone in this forum? 

Bhootnike

• Chief Curry Officer
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Biggest Sharabi
  • Respect: +75
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 10:26:29 pm »
this is offtopic, but did anyone realise that all the "notes" are gone in this forum?

in the suggestions board theres a thread for it
just a temporary bug i believe..
2011: Biol - 42
2012: Spesh |Methods |Chemistry |English Language| Physics
2014: Physiotherapy
khuda ne jab tujhe banaya hoga, ek suroor uske dil mein aaya hoga, socha hoga kya doonga tohfe mein tujhe.... tab ja ke usne mujhe banaya hoga

jenerator

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 10:31:19 pm »

in the suggestions board theres a thread for it
just a temporary bug i believe..

oh i see...damn bugs!

Azerel

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Jackpot!
  • Respect: +4
  • School: Sky High
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 11:15:31 am »
Private Tuition is much better than the company group sessions, doesn't really help too much having an extra class a week - however, it could prove beneficial (cost wise), consider that when deciding for either company or tuition.
20-12/13 aims: Philosophy [45+], Physics[40+], Methods[40+], English Language [45+], Legal Studies[3.5+ Increment], Justice [4.0+ Increment]

Aim: Superhero/Villain