Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:19:06 am

Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 1163 times)  Share 

hannahroseillia

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
HELP!
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:04:01 pm »
My history class had a vote on what we should study in units 3/4. I really wanted to study Revolutions, unfortunately majority rules and I have no choice but to do Global Politics.
What will I expect in Year 12?
What kind of events do you cover?
Is it interesting?

I was really good at revolutions when I did it this year.
I don't know anything about what to expect in global politics! I don't even know what it involves!

Helpppp!! :(

achre

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +72
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:44:38 pm »
What will I expect in Year 12?

A fair bit of rote learning, some basic comprehension of political theory and international relations and an increased awareness of world events. It will probably be a lot of hard work, but once you figure it out it's actually a shockingly easy subject to do well in. Poor results will usually reflect 5 or 6 small misunderstandings of content as opposed to 1 or 2 huge misunderstandings.

What kind of events do you cover?

The year 2000 - present, but it's not really "history". You need to have knowledge of present and very recent world events, and tie them back to the theory you cover in class. Theory is easy, getting your case studies (and the subsequent rote learning) is usually the hard part.

Is it interesting?

Hell yes.

I don't know anything about what to expect in global politics! I don't even know what it involves!

Always a good place to start: http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/vce/politics/AustralianGlobalPoliticsSD-2012_FA.pdf