Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:09:27 pm

Author Topic: Controversial Issue: Gay Marriage  (Read 39764 times)  Share 

acrimony

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +13
Re: Controversial Issue: Gay Marriage
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2011, 04:53:01 pm »
Do you have a source on humans being bipedal? I assume you just observed it. The same way one recognises a lions sexual patterns, by observing. I've also assumed you've been to a zoo before?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 04:56:47 pm by acrimony »

mark_alec

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2011, 04:54:15 pm »
+1
You may say I am being ignorant, but the fact is ther is no genetic predisposition towards homosexuality; meaning they were not born gay.

Do you ever see a lion having sexual intercourse with another lion? Of course not because the lion is paired with a lioness.
1) Just because we haven't found genetic indicators doesn't mean they don't exist. You also need to account for epigenetic factors (c.f. left-handedness).
2) Even if nobody is "born" homosexual, why does that matter?
3) I guess you've never seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals ?

lexitu

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University.
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2011, 05:01:24 pm »
Do you have a source on humans being bipedal? I assume you just observed it. The same way one recognises a lions sexual patterns, by observing. I've also assumed you've been to a zoo before?

http://www.springerlink.com/content/efgw99hh0nj9r0mm/abstract/ - Find one of many articles here.

Yes I have been to a zoo. I went to Weribee Zoo a couple of years ago, and saw about 6 lions. I estimate i've seen many more than 100,000 different humans.

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2011, 05:04:43 pm »
Many valid points were shared throughout this thread, but my point champions everything argued thus far.

I would like to ask you all to rid yourselves of any political correctness that plagues society today. You may say I am being ignorant, but the fact is ther is no genetic predisposition towards homosexuality; meaning they were not born gay.

Do you ever see a lion having sexual intercourse with another lion? Of course not because the lion is paired with a lioness.

yo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

edit: specifically, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals#Lions
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +661
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2011, 05:10:14 pm »
You may say I am being ignorant, but the fact is ther is no genetic predisposition towards homosexuality; meaning they were not born gay.

You've never actually looked at any sort of evidence, have you?

JellyDonut

• charlie sheen of AN
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2011, 05:20:07 pm »
Many valid points were shared throughout this thread, but my point champions everything argued thus far.

I would like to ask you all to rid yourselves of any political correctness that plagues society today. You may say I am being ignorant, but the fact is ther is no genetic predisposition towards homosexuality; meaning they were not born gay.

Your point has trumped everything in this thread? Talk about the fucking Dunning-Kruger effect

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18536986
Yeap, clearly no biological factors are at play here.
It's really not that hard to quantify..., but I believe that being raped once is not as bad as being raped five times, even if the one rape was by a gang of people.

Sickle

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2011, 05:52:02 pm »
I don't have much to say on this issue.

I found this interesting though.

http://tech.mit.edu/V124/N5/kolasinski.5c.html

Thoughts, anyone?
2010: Chinese [43 => 50]
2011: English [50]
Atar: 99.6
2012: MBBS I
2013: MBBS II

-----

LET ME LOVE YOU

-----

Contact me for English Tutoring! <3

knightstarr17

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2011, 06:00:40 pm »
This argument can go on for decades, People's emotions and Life decisions are involved...

I consider myself to be very religious and fail to understand how two people of the same sex can be together let alone get married. But that is my opinion, what I have an issue is with people bad mouthing religion and blaming religion and religious traditions for homosexuals/homosexual marriages not be accepted! 

ninwa

• Respect: +1021
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2011, 06:12:29 pm »
This argument can go on for decades, People's emotions and Life decisions are involved...

I consider myself to be very religious and fail to understand how two people of the same sex can be together let alone get married. But that is my opinion, what I have an issue is with people bad mouthing religion and blaming religion and religious traditions for homosexuals/homosexual marriages not be accepted! 

Oh please, don't start another bloody religious debate.
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

knightstarr17

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2011, 06:20:06 pm »

What's your problem with religion dude? And I didn't start a debate I was just saying my two cents worth, I didn't know I had to get your permission. 

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
  • Respect: +430
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2011, 06:21:53 pm »
I like to take the pacifist approach, yes, I accept people who are homosexual, and believe that same-sex couples should have all the rights and privileges that married couples get. However, I also respect the institution of marriage and religions who state that marriage is between a man and a woman.

I think we need another term to describe the union between a same-sex couple. Lawfully, they should have the same rights as a married couple, but I don't think we should call it marriage. Civil unions, I support :)

By tradition, marriage is kinda defined as the union b/w a man and a woman and also their families...etc.

knightstarr17

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2011, 06:23:55 pm »
I like to take the pacifist approach, yes, I accept people who are homosexual, and believe that same-sex couples should have all the rights and privileges that married couples get. However, I also respect the institution of marriage and religions who state that marriage is between a man and a woman.

I think we need another term to describe the union between a same-sex couple. Lawfully, they should have the same rights as a married couple, but I don't think we should call it marriage. Civil unions, I support :)

By tradition, marriage is kinda defined as the union b/w a man and a woman and also their families...etc.

You are the wisest person here!

Truck

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +122
  • School: who needs school when you got SWAG?
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2011, 06:25:16 pm »
+3

What's your problem with religion dude? And I didn't start a debate I was just saying my two cents worth, I didn't know I had to get your permission. 

So because you're religious, other people can't do what they want? It's not even a matter of whether or not you believe it's natural, it's the simple fact that two consenting adults should be able to do what they like without anybody else imposing their medieval beliefs upon them. So long as it doesn't negatively affect anybody else in the community I don't see the issue. You're not the one getting married to a man, so again, why does it matter?

Paul, marriage is no longer a religious institution. Since the Government started marrying people and as the act of marriage is in more than one religion (Judaism, Christianity, Islam etc) you can't use that as an excuse. If secular people can get married then homosexuals should be able too as well.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 06:27:30 pm by teewreck »
#yolo #thuglife #swaggotandproud

Inspirations: Mahtama Ghandi, T-Pain, The Caped Crusader and Ayn Rand.

knightstarr17

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2011, 06:30:44 pm »

So because you're religious, other people can't do what they want? It's not even a matter of whether or not you believe it's natural, it's the simple fact that two consenting adults should be able to do what they like without anybody else imposing their medieval beliefs upon them. So long as it doesn't negatively affect anybody else in the community I don't see the issue. You're not the one getting married to a man, so again, why does it matter?

Paul, marriage is no longer a religious institution. Since the Government started marrying people and as the act of marriage is in more than one religion (Judaism, Christianity, Islam etc) you can't use that as an excuse. If secular people can get married then homosexuals should be able too as well.

You should read dude, all I said is "I have an issue is with people bad mouthing religion and blaming religion and religious traditions for homosexuals/homosexual marriages not be accepted"

I didn't say they shouldn't get married, I didn't say I'm the one that's getting married nor!

Sickle

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2011, 06:34:53 pm »

You should read dude, all I said is "I have an issue is with people bad mouthing religion and blaming religion and religious traditions for homosexuals/homosexual marriages not be accepted"

I didn't say they shouldn't get married, I didn't say I'm the one that's getting married nor!

Who else will be blamed, then? Who else is opposed?
2010: Chinese [43 => 50]
2011: English [50]
Atar: 99.6
2012: MBBS I
2013: MBBS II

-----

LET ME LOVE YOU

-----

Contact me for English Tutoring! <3