Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:19:31 pm

Author Topic: Structuring essay questions?  (Read 1126 times)  Share 

catnus

Structuring essay questions?
« on: November 17, 2013, 06:52:16 pm »
Hi guys

For questions such as: evaluate the causes of one global crisis that you have studied this year

Or even

Discuss the effectiveness of two international laws/treaties related to one ethical issue

How are we supposed to structure them so we can get three body paragraphs? Because for the first I can talk about the causes of state terrorism for paragraph 1, the causes of non state terrorism for paragraph 2, but what else can I do? Is it acceptable to extend on the prompt by talking about responses and challenges?

Vermilliona

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: Structuring essay questions?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 07:06:03 pm »
For the causes, I do one cause/one paragraph and I get four paras (half intrastate conflict hald interstate). Just elaborate on the causes a lot, use a healthy dose of stats, and clearly explain why one cause is more/less important than another one, and that should give you a mid-length paragraph - I think you need to split it up so there's one cause per para if it's an evaluate anyway, because otherwise you won't have enough space to evaluate if all the causes are in one para. :)
2012 - LOTE Ukrainian 50
2013- Global Politics 47
2014- English 47, French 47, Psychology 45, Revolutions 49 (99.90)

Offering tutoring in Global Politics, Psychology and History! PM or contact as per http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/nunawading/language-tutoring/global-politics-vce-tutoring-melbourne/1065783700

catnus

Re: Structuring essay questions?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 07:36:22 pm »
Oh okay :) Yeah i wrote it and came up with monster paragraphs :P
In evaluate type questions, what are we expected to do I'm the essay? State to what extent to which a cause contributes to the issue? That's what I do but I personally don't really know :P

Politics will be the death of me :(